Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Websphere Commerce Product Recommendations

I am trying to configure an activity to display products based on the selected categories. For example if there is an espot E1, then I need to create an activity which associates a category (C1) with this espot and displays random product from this category to the espot.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this ? I am using version 6.0 of websphere commerce where part of the functionality is in Accelerator and part in management centre. Its kind of wiered.

Well.. I found out that websphere commerce doesn't have the capability to recommend products on a merketing spot if I associate a category to an eSpot. This is a basic functionality which I thought should be out of the box. However, I have figured out a way to do it. Just display the categories in the ESpot and based on the category ID, write custom code in the JSP to fetch all the products from the category and display the espot as requried.

I also figured out that the web activity can be defined using both accelerator and management centre. When we define a webactivity in accelerator, the activity goes into INITIATIVE and INTVSCHD tables of WCS. On the other hand, when a web activity is configured using management centre, they are stored in DMACTIVITY table.


No comments:

Post a Comment